The most powerful melodic manipulation toolkit in the world!
Available to try or buy in the Reason Studios Shop now!
To put it into a concise sentence:
It alters your melodic inputs in a mathematically reproducible way.
The main elements of the plugin combine in a semi-modular manner, although the interface ties it all together quite nicely and the signal routing is hardwired into the most sensible configuration; in version 1.1 we have added a big friendly diagram of this to the rear panel.
As this is the case, there are multiple different general uses for MeloDramatik which include input filtering, algorithmic reconstruction, post algorithmic scaling, and output filtering with multiple filter rules. Both filter sections feature separated HP and LP controls, so the bandwidth can be customised in realtime.
The semi-modular nature means that any of these operations are available in isolation or in combination.
Well, which bit? The filtering, or the algorithms, or the power functions, or the scaling, or the CV inputs etc?
Each aspect of MeloDramatik can actually do quite a lot, and have a radical effect on the input melody, but here's some taster ideas...
- Completely rework existing Reason files or files in other DAWs if working with RRP by simply hitting the Randomize All button and allowing the algorithms to completely reconstruct the melodies.
- Automatically change a melody's key or scale using the scale and/or scale sequencer power tools with 4 different scale banks available. For existing songs which have hit a wall or just experimentation this is an extremely musical and powerful way of working.
- Use the Mutes sequencer lane on its own to completely mess around with the original groove. This is particularly effective when using short odd-length patterns in MeloDramatik over standard patterned MIDI.
- Use the Filters to force signals into a desired range or just remove them altogether. Using this in conjunction with Octaves and Semitones is best for the maximum benefit, as things can pushed in or out of filtration range on a step by step basis.
- Use the filters and algorithms with mutes and scales in combination for the most effective and impressive results. The single randomizer functions allow you to test each individual parameter to see the changes it makes to the output as a whole without changing everything.
- Not keen on it? Hit Randomize All again and immediately be presented with a completely different rework!
- If you only want a small section to be randomly altered for fills and such, then this is now possible with the range limiter available in version 1.1.
And you also get extreme control over the nature of the Randomize function. You can set up min and max thresholds for acceptable values and deactivate any randomize parameter that you wish. The number of possible algorithms was calculated as being somewhere between a Googol and a Googolplex, so you needn't worry about ever running out of these :D
The number of possibilities with MeloDramatik are truly incredible. We'll say it again - MeloDramatik is the most powerful melodic manipulation toolkit in the world! Trial it and we're sure you will want more!
We have actually just released version 1.1, and this includes even more new features, and there is a roadmap for even more still to be added. For now we have added:
- Step Mode - Direct step selection in the timeline
- Randomization of specific timeline ranges.
- Gate/Note Sequencer CV Input
- Input and Output Filter CV Input
- Mute and Passthrough CV Input
- Pattern CV Input
- Signal flow diagram on the rear panel
The back panel will be given a graphical cleanup to make more space for new stuff, and we're specifically interested in requests for weird and wonderful features to be implemented as CV outputs - so if you have anything of this nature we are all ears. :D Drop us a line on ReasonTalk to the username Enlightenspeed.
MeloDramatik will be also ported to the VST format and released some time in 2022.